Poll: Do you agree that no anonymouse users should be allowed?
This poll is closed.
Agree (we should know who everyone is)
42.86%
3 42.86%
Disagree (I want to post crap with no responsibility)
57.14%
4 57.14%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Suggestion
I would suggest that the admin(s) of this site not only go public, but also require all users to have verifiable and open identifications. We have an anonymous wrestling forum, and we have all seen what that leads to.

Hide your email addresses if you need to, but everyones identity should be known.

Brian Hoyt
I agree in part. While I don't think guys like Albarado should be able to say things about people that aren't true. I do think that we need more activity than the alabamawrestling.net site. Is it still up? Has team Albarado done anything with that in two years besides put norms logo on it? Anyway. I'm sure people will get on here and blame me for everything from 911 to Alabama not having a wrestling team. But I don't care. I'm gonna keep coaching kids making a positive change in their lives, and NOT hook up with their moms.
(08-08-2011, 08:14 AM)BrianHoyt Wrote: I would suggest that the admin(s) of this site not only go public, but also require all users to have verifiable and open identifications. We have an anonymous wrestling forum, and we have all seen what that leads to.

Hide your email addresses if you need to, but everyones identity should be known.

Brian Hoyt

The logistics of verifying the identity of all users is not feasible but the suggestion is very much appreciated. There are some restrictions on the number of usernames that can be registered by a particular ip address. Please keep the suggestions coming!

I also have mixed emotions about this. After a while you can tell who is who, or at least what team they are affiliated with in the state.

I enjoy the "user names" people come up with for the forums I have read through the years. Just the kid in me I guess.

Then again, reading the mess that some teenage mental midget puts on here over and over gets old quick. We had a couple of kids on the HS team doing this a couple of years ago. Talking about the coach, team, etc. Couldn't prove it, but you knew who they were.

Hopefully this page will be the source of information for wrestling in the state. I also enjoy posting pics every once in a while.

Anyway; MatLion = Bruce Killough, Prattville Lion Wrestling

(08-08-2011, 08:14 AM)BrianHoyt Wrote: I would suggest that the admin(s) of this site not only go public, but also require all users to have verifiable and open identifications. We have an anonymous wrestling forum, and we have all seen what that leads to.

Brian Hoyt

No way! I don't want people knowing who I am. That's why I worked so hard on my super-cryptic screen name.
Keep it private. Otherwise you will only have 8 of us posting. The chickencraps from Southside,Scottsboro,Dora, and the like would never have the gumption to post.
(08-11-2011, 12:49 PM)bigdogw Wrote: Keep it private. Otherwise you will only have 8 of us posting. The chickencraps from Southside,Scottsboro,Dora, and the like would never have the gumption to post.

Hey. Wait a minute. If you're going to throw "us" into that category.....at least make it "Scottsboro (minus 1)".

Everyone should know who I am by now.......so I can't be hiding. Smile
I loved the pic going around at the state meet of the Scottsboro coach with the band uni on back in his HS days. Good stuff!
(08-08-2011, 09:23 AM)admin Wrote:

Brian Hoyt

The logistics of verifying the identity of all users is not feasible but the suggestion is very much appreciated. There are some restrictions on the number of usernames that can be registered by a particular ip address. Please keep the suggestions coming!

Like Bryan I was one of those on al.com that wanted to see the anonymity disappear... but I guess it doesn't make sense to get into the 'nymwars' if the likes of Google plus and Facebook are having problems making it work. I did notice however that you skipped a response to his request about the administration of the site going public... or was the lack of response, the response?

(08-11-2011, 12:49 PM)bigdogw Wrote: Keep it private. Otherwise you will only have 8 of us posting. The chickencraps from Southside,Scottsboro,Dora, and the like would never have the gumption to post.

Of course you want to keep it private bigdogw... it wouldn't be nearly as much fun for you if you had to stick to only two screen names... we'd never get to argue with your alter ego 'Mr. Hyde' side!!!
Gary Litzinger
If you are going to have anonymous posters you need to try and prevent personal attacks..etc. That can only be effective if you have a few moderators that make judgement calls on enforcing a code of conduct.

If you are not going to allow anonymous users, you normally don't need very much moderation because it removes the anonymous internet tough guys who attack kids, parents, coaches, and want to pick fights.

This forum seems to have taken both approaches. Allow everyone to be anonymous if they choose, and very little to any moderation. I would like to see a few moderators on her that enforce a more strict code of content. Brian brought this up a few times, he would probably be a good choice.