Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dake/Taylor 2
Was it a reversal? Was there an escape? Can't wait until Part 3!

Watch more video of Southern Scuffle 2013 on flowrestling.org

Yes on the reversal. The escape could have gone either way i think.
(01-03-2013, 03:33 PM)MannysDad Wrote: Was it a reversal? Was there an escape? Can't wait until Part 3!

Wow. I would need to refer to a current rulebook and casebook on that one.
Initial thinking: if Dake had the reversal out-of-bounds that was called at 0:39 left, then Taylor had the escape in bounds that wasn't called at 0:02 left. Should have gone to OT. ....or.....it wasn't a reversal since it was out-of-bounds, which changes the rest of the match anyway.

(01-03-2013, 04:17 PM)Bradfordiiij Wrote: Yes on the reversal. The escape could have gone either way i think.

Um, sure....if we're using FILA rules.....and Taylor is representing USA and Dake is representing any other country.
(01-03-2013, 07:19 PM)BamaGrappler Wrote:
(01-03-2013, 03:33 PM)MannysDad Wrote: Was it a reversal? Was there an escape? Can't wait until Part 3!

Wow. I would need to refer to a current rulebook and casebook on that one.
Initial thinking: if Dake had the reversal out-of-bounds that was called at 0:39 left, then Taylor had the escape in bounds that wasn't called at 0:02 left. Should have gone to OT. ....or.....it wasn't a reversal since it was out-of-bounds, which changes the rest of the match anyway.

(01-03-2013, 04:17 PM)Bradfordiiij Wrote: Yes on the reversal. The escape could have gone either way i think.

Um, sure....if we're using FILA rules.....and Taylor is representing USA and Dake is representing any other country.

Hey, Old Man, back in your day, you would need to take your man to the mat to score the reversal. Now, once control has change - even if both wrestlers are still on their feet - the reversal is awarded. Big Taylor fan here, but Dake scored the reversal on the edge by getting his head out and having control under both of Taylor's arms. Fantastic call in a big match.

I want to see video from the other side to see if Dake's grip was broken when Taylor sprawled him flat. Without that, and the fact that the official was right on top of them, and seem to be pointing at Dake's hands (indicating that they were still locked), I have to give the benifit of the doubt to the official on the (non) escape. Would love to have see it got to OT.