Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MFF @Section 2
Did Brown and Daniels wrestle in the consolation finals?

Or the Brown MFF prior to match start?
As much as I should probably know what mmf stands for, i don't? Is it just a forfeit?
Thats a medical forfeit. Usually indicates there was an injury during the match.
They did not wrestle at all
(02-10-2013, 12:15 AM)redstepchild Wrote: Did Brown and Daniels wrestle in the consolation finals?

Or the Brown MFF prior to match start?

Brown ff because of an issue to his shoulder in the match with lloyd time he did not want to further aggrevate. Nothing more
Then that is where I'm confused.

At the Scott Rohrer Hoover event, my son got injured the 1st night by the Oxford kid in an illegal move (not intentional). Lloyd tried to keep wrestling the event. Saturday, he comes back, wins his match, but obviously the injury is still impacting him. The decision was made for him to pull him out from further participation until he can have his Dr. look at it.

As you can see on Trackwrestling, his next 2 matches are "FF" & not "MFF".

I hope Brown gets better. He is a pretty darn good Wrestler. The difference between 3rd and 4th can be crucial at state. If he had 3rd, he had a good chance of doing well.

However, run up against Stenger or the Southside kid in round 1.... Its just a hard battle.
(02-10-2013, 03:36 PM)redstepchild Wrote: Then that is where I'm confused.

At the Scott Rohrer Hoover event, my son got injured the 1st night by the Oxford kid in an illegal move (not intentional). Lloyd tried to keep wrestling the event. Saturday, he comes back, wins his match, but obviously the injury is still impacting him. The decision was made for him to pull him out from further participation until he can have his Dr. look at it.

As you can see on Trackwrestling, his next 2 matches are "FF" & not "MFF".

I hope Brown gets better. He is a pretty darn good Wrestler. The difference between 3rd and 4th can be crucial at state. If he had 3rd, he had a good chance of doing well.

However, run up against Stenger or the Southside kid in round 1.... Its just a hard battle.

Southside is in 5A.
Smiths station. Lol!

My bad.

Maybe Brown will face Sec 3 winner.

Perhaps getting 4th out of Sect 2 would be a blessing if that is the case.
Not to seem like splitting hairs but if I remember correctly, if an injury occurs DURING the match, it's an injury default (I-D) and technically counts as a loss to the injured wrestler. If an injured wrestler cannot wrestle the next match and the tournament director is notified of this, it will be considered a medical forfeit (MFF) and the wrestler is still able to be counted as "in" the tournament (ie., can still place). It is distinguished from a regular forfeit (FF) where rule 10-2-5 states "A forfeit shall eliminate a contestant from further competition in a tournament"... And for it to be a medical forfeit, the injury information has to be brought up prior to the competition and not afterwards. Someone else may be able to explain it more accurately.
Gary Litzinger
Its a coding issue that is inconsistently used.

Last year, MFF was used when a player b did an illegal move and player A claimed he was to injured to continue.

The match was labeled MFF. Player A took it as a win, Player B took it as a loss. Player A had the option to continue in the event.

I think there might have been a rule change this year where player A takes it as a loss, and Player B is DQ'd from the event.