Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Early forecast for State title in 2014 very early
106- Cunningham (Prattville)
113-Pike (Thompson)
120-Rodgers (Vestavia)
126-Hunter (Thompson)
132-Spurlock/Killough (Auburn/Prattville)
138-Gilliand (Thompson)
145-Mcwhirter (Prattville)
152-Paugh (Vestavia)
160-Denson (Hewitt)
170-Edwards (James Clem)
182-Lee (Oxford)
195-Weldon (Clay)
220-Shunnarah (Hoover)
285- Campbell (Vestavia)
JD Peden will be back, ready to challenge Jaden Hunter.

Campbell would be wiser to stay at 220. I know he plays Football, and hitting 250 is the thing to do, but your speed and agility cannot be sacrificed. I hope he doesn't "Chub up". It will slow his mobility down.

Lee could wrestle heavyweight (lol) & win. No joke, he will be a force like Simpson was.

220 had a lot of younger kids in it. If a muscular technique guy took it, he would destroy everyone. It's an open field. To be honest though, after the people that left last year, I didn't realize it would be this competitive again this past season.
How can you not have Williamson from Hewitt ?

My prediction is Hewitt makes a run for the top spot for the next couple of years.
(02-19-2013, 11:32 PM)Toe the line Wrote: How can you not have Williamson from Hewitt ?

My prediction is Hewitt makes a run for the top spot for the next couple of years.

If Heath is only 113 then I would give him the edge. But I see Heath being 126 maybe 120 at the lightest. Heath is very much like Hunter Lee in his wrestling style, so physical dominance is very important. If he is 126 he will not have that advantage against Jayden Hunter or Peden. It is very difficult for a freshman to step up against juniors and seniors.
You have some kids gaining a lot of weight. I don't think Williamson, Weldon, and Campbell will be that heavy. I'm just guessing but Shunnarah looks like he could stay at 195 especially if Campbell stays at 220. If anything, I would expect Pike to be heavier than Williamson next year. Williamson is so young that his improvement will probably be remarkable.
(02-20-2013, 10:00 AM)MannysDad Wrote: You have some kids gaining a lot of weight. I don't think Williamson, Weldon, and Campbell will be that heavy. I'm just guessing but Shunnarah looks like he could stay at 195 especially if Campbell stays at 220. If anything, I would expect Pike to be heavier than Williamson next year. Williamson is so young that his improvement will probably be remarkable.

I was basing Heath's growth along the path of Hunter’s and that his father being about 6’2”. From 8th to 9th Hunter went from 125 to 138 and that was a very hard cut for him. I know that Heath was fighting his weight for most of the year from talking to his father, so I think he will skip the 113 weight class because he is young. Weldon was in the low 180s before the season and he would not have to cut to win 195 next year. Weldon and Hunter are workout partners at AWC so one will go 195 and the other 182. They will work it out as they did this year. That’s just what friends do. Where do you see Manny going next year?
Manny will be 195 or 220 depending on where McClure goes since they'll be on the same team. He's about 208 right now but with his torn ACL and not being able to wrestle he's probably heavier than he would normally be right now. Our plan is to keep his weight right around where it is and growing into it so he can go either way.
(02-20-2013, 10:41 AM)OHSwrestling Wrote:
(02-20-2013, 10:00 AM)MannysDad Wrote: You have some kids gaining a lot of weight. I don't think Williamson, Weldon, and Campbell will be that heavy. I'm just guessing but Shunnarah looks like he could stay at 195 especially if Campbell stays at 220. If anything, I would expect Pike to be heavier than Williamson next year. Williamson is so young that his improvement will probably be remarkable.

I was basing Heath's growth along the path of Hunter’s and that his father being about 6’2”. From 8th to 9th Hunter went from 125 to 138 and that was a very hard cut for him. I know that Heath was fighting his weight for most of the year from talking to his father, so I think he will skip the 113 weight class because he is young. Weldon was in the low 180s before the season and he would not have to cut to win 195 next year. Weldon and Hunter are workout partners at AWC so one will go 195 and the other 182. They will work it out as they did this year. That’s just what friends do. Where do you see Manny going next year?

Williamson, if Im not mistaken, is at 120 for MS State this weekend...
Paugh wins 106 next year. He was giving up 10-12 lbs this year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bigheadgoat's post:
  • kauffmanm
(02-20-2013, 11:26 AM)Bigheadgoat Wrote: Paugh wins 106 next year. He was giving up 10-12 lbs this year.

You may be correct but Cunningham was the most technical 106 this year to me. The kid can truly roll. He was a small 106 this year but may struggle to make 106 next year. Oxford’s backup 106 beat Paugh this past year (that what I was told did not see it).