Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There they go again
Last year the board Team Alabama boycotted the Les Gutches clinic. This year they boycotted the Dixie Duals. Then they took Fargo away from Rod and his wrestlers which was a complete and utter failure. Then the board decided to schedule a pre-season tournament on top of Jordan Burroughs. (I'm still waiting for the Latonas to register for the Burroughs Clinic like he said they would).

Now they have scheduled their "Southeastern Elementary Duals" http://www.facebook.com/southeasternelementaryduals on the same weekend as the Dixie Duals and they have actually reserved our venue from last year, the Hanna Center at Samford, which is where we were negotiating and planning to hold it again this year. Of course they knew this. This will be the 7th year this tournament has been held. We have had the Dixie Duals promo video with the dates and location on the AWC website and http://www.DixieDuals.com for 2 months.

It's sad that the board cannot seem to come up with any original ideas to grow wrestling but instead boycott or steal the ideas of others. It is a blatant attempt and misuse of power to try and undermine every event AWC holds and to eliminate any source of income AWC has. You do not make wrestling better by eliminating your competition.

Of course we will continue to run the Dixie Duals and it will be successful despite their efforts to destroy it.

If you think this is anything other than a personal vendetta, you are fooling yourselves. I am embarrassed that most of the board agreed to go ahead with this.

eh, there will always be innovators and imitators.. nothing new.
Once again, TGA is sponsoring the entry fee to Super 32 ($55 - High School, $40 - Middle School) and you need to complete and submit the form from the TGA website BEFORE the completion of the event (October 30). Copied from GNWA Website. Wonder if TA will do something for our high school boys besides do everything they can to marginalize them and make sure the SYWO and all the t BALL parents happy
Where should I send my reimbursement form? SE Pond Wrestling?
This is a Georgia website but it sounds like a good idea.
(10-17-2011, 10:08 AM)prattvilledad Wrote: There you go again crying about the board. They come up with a great idea to move wrestling forward in this state and all you can say is, "Waah they stole my idea". Mr. God Raddy, you did not invent the Dual meet. So sorry you lost your venue. You don't deserve it anyways. The kids duals will be a HUGE success. You can hold your event in the parking lot outside. Your just mad because we beat you to it and we can run a better tournament than you. This state runs better now. Sit back and learn.

(10-17-2011, 10:08 AM)prattvilledad Wrote: There you go again crying about the board. They come up with a great idea to move wrestling forward in this state and all you can say is, "Waah they stole my idea". Mr. God Raddy, you did not invent the Dual meet. So sorry you lost your venue. You don't deserve it anyways. The kids duals will be a HUGE success. You can hold your event in the parking lot outside. Your just mad because we beat you to it and we can run a better tournament than you. This state runs better now. Sit back and learn.

There you go again with someone actually calling out the board and stating the facts one more time.]crying about the board. We have once again taken your ideas for the promotion of our selfish agenda continuing the trend of thwarting any and all positive wrestling efforts in the state of Alabama. Evidently, the abysmal results of Fargo were not enough to convince us that our short sighted initiatives are contradictory to all things we profess to strive for.They come up with a great idea to move wrestling forward in this state and all you can say is, "Waah(sorry, middle school digression) they stole my idea". While I am as clueless about your involvement in the origin of the Dual Meet as I am differentiating between "your" and "you are" I thought I would weigh in at this moment to show how I am improving in my over all working knowledge. My teacher even thinks so and as you can see, we are now working on content!!Mr. God Raddy, you did not invent the Dual meet. So sorry you lost your venue. Forgive my previous misuse of your name. It stems from my own innate insecurity prompted mostly by the unrealized effort of ever being successful at anything be it basic grammar, content or wrestling. You don't deserve it anyways. The kids duals will be a HUGE success. You can hold your event in the parking lot outside. In addition, please do not occupy the space in our parking lot for the area is really reserved for people who will park their trailers there while pretending to be residents in certain school districts. Your (Dang, I still cannot get this right) just mad because we beat you to it and we can run a better tournament than you. This state runs better now. Sit back and learn. Please do not sit back and do nothing for it would be a true casualty if all were misled and went down the road of following those of us who would not know how to inspire a champion if our lives depended on it! Let's make a deal. I won't mention anything about our group leading the under achieving kids to nowhere if you won't cite how many of your kids have been inspired to wrestling greatness beyond high school in colleges such as the Ivy League or other Division 1 wrestling programs. After all, we are still trying to get one of ours to the level of All American and in all actuality to survive being pinned and out before the fourth or fifth match! Just in case you don't know, it is hard to convince many serious wrestlers in this state to work with us. You cannot imagine how many phone calls we made trying to get those guys to Fargo and they would not budge no matter what we offered. Leading me to the conclusion flying is just not what it use to be. Anyway, I continue to hear it will be about five years before we realize success so keep your fingers crossed! By the way, how did you manage to get Jordan Burroughs to come to Alabama? It really just chaps my hiney and that's not half of what it does to my other compadres.[/b] You should have seen all the hair pulling going on when we realized it was true. Next time, I will tell you all about our cool new website. The features are all really neato! PS. It was approved to use the word "neato" as I was instructed to learn how to express myself by placing emphasis on things of real importance. You think Jordan might want to come look at our website while visiting the state?
I will promise you this. Little Man, The False Prophet and Laurel & Hardy didn't come up with any ideas on their own. If Anthony Flatt from GA wasn't feeding them ideas it would be a completely dry well.

Laurel and Hardy have been trying to break Gaddy for the past 18-months. Ain't going happen boys.
(10-17-2011, 02:10 PM)teamalwrestling Wrote: I will promise you this. Little Man, The False Prophet and Laurel & Hardy didn't come up with any ideas on their own. If Anthony Flatt from GA wasn't feeding them ideas it would be a completely dry well.

Laurel and Hardy have been trying to break Gaddy for the past 18-months. Ain't going happen boys.
[Image: Little%20Man%205.jpg]

[Image: 061211_obama_vlrg_3awidec.jpg?w=500]

[Image: a-laurel-n-hardy.gif?et=BY6lp4NfBeNEBpde1TQvag&nmid=0]
(10-17-2011, 02:17 PM)prattvilledad Wrote: You can mock me all you want, but you shouldn't mock the kids. Our board is only run with the kids interests at heart and you don't care about them at all. We concentrate on the future of wrestling while you concentrate on High School wrestling only. Our youth director cares about the kids. You put up 6a rankings while we schedule actual events for our youth. That's why the kids will be at the pre-season tournament instead of the Jordan Burroughs clinic. That's why the kids will be at the Elementary Duals instead of the Dixie Duals which is homeless right now. Yes the board unanimously decided to book Samford because they ALL knew that the Dixie Duals are finished and that the youth is the future. That tournament belongs to Team Alabama and we're taking it back. We will make sure no teams attend the Dixie Duals.

Fargo will be a success because we are getting a fresh start with our youth. There's a first grader out there right now that will one day be the first Fargo champion from Alabama and it's because of things like the pre-season tournaments and the Kid's Duals. When we have kids from K through 6 all on the same team, that will teach them how to wrestle against tough competition. The Alabama Kid's Duals was run in the same format last year and was the most fun tournament of the year.

The biggest "mock of kids" in all of this is that of your negating any current interest in the talent base of wrestling already developed and residing in the state. All of your efforts in a self promoting agenda is seeming to rest on the hopes of a first grader while we forfeit all others for the benefit of watching a (one) champion at Fargo in the year 2023?! Can you honestly wonder why there is no confidence in you or any credibility to your banter? Bad news fellow, you and yours will not have that long to screw it up for we know how to get around you and those plans are already underway. Don't get to complacent in those "trailers."