Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weight certification
With most kids certified..How are the weight classes stacking up?
(11-14-2011, 12:29 PM)bigdogw Wrote: With most kids certified..How are the weight classes stacking up?

I’m not sure about all team’s weights, but Thompson may not have the weights working out the way they wanted. They don’t have the 126 that they wanted, he made 132. They don’t have the 138 or 145 that they wanted and are bunched up at 152. Grissom on the other hand has everyone just where they wanted them to be. This state run maybe a lot closer than we were thinking.
NWCA seems to have deleted the MWWs. Maybe they will be back later.
Jordan certified at 26. Just wondering who would be around that weight.
(11-14-2011, 04:17 PM)bigdogw Wrote: Jordan certified at 26. Just wondering who would be around that weight.

I think 126 will be about the same as last year. Not sure about Thagard, he has not certified yet, but Ben Smith is certified and 126 and so is Godfrey. Holt from Grissom will more than likely be 126, Hayes from Thompson is 132 which will be a problem for them if he can’t get recertified at 126. As far as I see 126 it is Ben Smith unless Jordan wrestles 126. It will be Jordan’s choice as you know because he is only cutting 3 or 4 pounds to make 126.
(11-14-2011, 04:17 PM)bigdogw Wrote: Jordan certified at 26. Just wondering who would be around that weight.

Honestly, I believe most will go where Jordan is NOT. I'm not calling scared, don't get me wrong. But most guys will go where their chances are best.
[-] The following 2 users Like DennisMrFreezeWilson's post:
  • bigdogw, OHSwrestling
(11-15-2011, 03:11 PM)DennisMrFreezeWilson Wrote:

Honestly, I believe most will go where Jordan is NOT. I'm not calling scared, don't get me wrong. But most guys will go where their chances are best.

Skinny-man no one is going to run from Simpson, he will wrestle from 126 to 145 and put all contenders out for the season. Oxford wins state on the back of Simpson. Now back to reality, Jordan could with from 126 to 138. After 138 strength of the kids with get him. Jordan will go where the team needs him most. He is just like his dad a team player (wait I said reality bigdog is out for bigdog).
I sent an email in and asked why the mww were taken down. They are not posting minimum wrestling weights. Only the lowest they have results for. Say Jordan wrestles 132 all year, that is the weight that they will show unless and until he posts a result at 126.
I'm sure he will wrestle a lot of 32 but certifying at 26 gives the option of going after certain match ups. He may bump to 38 on occasion.
So, when might we get a chance to see a Womack/Simpson match at 26? I just didnt know when the two schedules may cross...