Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.57 Average
Hey bigdog..
After losing by 150 points to Thompson, maybe Oxford should wrestle some 1-4a teams to get your self-respect back. Or it could be you are content with Jordan's win. That is more likely the case (don't care about the rest of the team). Maybe you should coach so you can be "more critical" of the wrestlers performance and "keep their noses to the grindstone". I must now go to the table and get out some more chips and salsa.

On anothe note, good job Hunter Lee, great things are coming your way. Hunter and his parents/family are what Alabama wrestling needs more of.
That all you got?? Given the past week to come up with something and thats what you bring to the table? I find it very telling about what kind of chickens#$% you are that I just sat a t a 3 day tourny and you wait till Sunday to post something behind your screen instead of discussing it with me first hand at the tourny. 4A is not very good as a whole. If you don't like that I guess its to bad..nothing you can do about fixing it or me saying it. So, by your estimation, should Hoover,Vestavia, Bob Jones, etc all wrestle 4A now..Because Thompson blew everyone out of the water. I don't know if you are smart enough to understand the insult you just tried to make was to Oxford, not me. And I will try to spend as much time as I can this off season at EAWC to help Eric and the boys as much as I can. No, I wasnt content with Jordans win. You give up the first takedown in national tournament and you probably lose the match. But I sure you wouldn't know much about that. BTW...all I did was post MY OPINION(and most everyone elses) that 4A just isnt very good while you openly hope a 16 year old kid gets "his butted whooped" because you have an issue with his dad. So who is the bad guy? I guess we could be like Weaver and never leave Calhoun County and have a good record and tell everyone how good we are and then go to state and get scrubbed. Just so you know..We finished 6th..4 state placers..both highs for Oxford. So while you're hiding behind your screen, Jordan and I will be working to get better and scheduling our off season tournaments where I'm sure he will take a few butt whippings. I'll post them for you so that you can feel better about your 4A studs.
(02-19-2012, 10:34 AM)acapulco Wrote: After losing by 150 points to Thompson, maybe Oxford should wrestle some 1-4a teams to get your self-respect back. Or it could be you are content with Jordan's win. That is more likely the case (don't care about the rest of the team). Maybe you should coach so you can be "more critical" of the wrestlers performance and "keep their noses to the grindstone". I must now go to the table and get out some more chips and salsa.

On anothe note, good job Hunter Lee, great things are coming your way. Hunter and his parents/family are what Alabama wrestling needs more of.

Shane puts his personal opinion out about a classification group and you have to go and single one team out, I for one do not appreciate your post. Shane has his opinion and that is his alone and he states clearly that it is his and his alone.

So if you have a beef with Shane, then let it stay with him and leave Oxford as a group out of this. Your cooperation is appreciated.

I think people that know me know I respect any kid that has what it takes to step out on the mat. But that doesn't make them good.
Shane does do that, he supports any kids that put the effort in to be succesful regardless of classification. I've have seen him several times asking kids from lower classifications to go to national events so that they can make themselves better. There are some really good kids in those other classifcations, but just not as many as in 6A as a whole. No disrespect to any of the kids, like most sports the bigger divisions usually have the better coach's, better competition and larger talent pool to draw from.
Uh dog,

I did make it over several times to that end to check out the brackets. I did look around for you but everyone else on that end seemed to stand taller than you (in more ways than one). My other 2 sons were there, one is a 6'5" 230 lb bodybuilder, while the other is 6'3", 230 lb and is in special Ops. They both had the green light to stomp you if you showed up on our end. They had no trouble with this after they reading your posts. If you are not scared then you are stupid. You have made enemies.
You know exactly where the comment was aimed at and anyone that reads the forum regularly will know better. But good try sport.
R3, one bad apple DOES affect the bushel. You cannot take sides with him as he bashes 5A down and then wish that Oxford can remain unscathed in retorts.
As far as wishing Jordan will lose,....again sport, you miss the point. The point was this: There are many good wrestlers outside of 6A, this you do not acknowledge. They do work in the offseason and prepare them as best they can. You do not recognize this and you have routinely classified them all as scrubs and undeserving of any recognition. The difference in Jordan and some of these kids is that Jordan has had more years and opportunities in doing it. You just cannot urinate on a third of the wrestler in the state and not expect responses. People of Oxford, put a muzzle on him and peace and harmony will return. dog, the people of Oxford wish you would shutup.
you dont know shane....your big boys wold have gotten their butts whipped i have seen shane in action ,he's not scared of you or your 4a bull....be a man sign your name.
(02-19-2012, 01:53 PM)acapulco Wrote: R3, one bad apple DOES affect the bushel. You cannot take sides with him as he bashes 5A down and then wish that Oxford can remain unscathed in retorts.

People of Oxford, put a muzzle on him and peace and harmony will return. dog, the people of Oxford wish you would shutup.

Really, see I wasn't going to go there but since you've thrown the first lob here goes. Shane is Shane and anyone who knows him knows this. I'm not taking sides I'm just stating facts not fiction or opinion. Maybe you should have taken the extra effort to search him out and actually sit down and have a talk with him. He's got a valid point for his opinion regardless of how brash it might seem.

Quote:Shane does do that, he supports any kids that put the effort in to be succesful regardless of classification. I've have seen him several times asking kids from lower classifications to go to national events so that they can make themselves better. There are some really good kids in those other classifcations, but just not as many as in 6A as a whole. No disrespect to any of the kids, like most sports the bigger divisions usually have the better coach's, better competition and larger talent pool to draw from.

You really just need to understand where he is coming from, see my post above. Not speaking for him, just have talked with him before and gotten to understand him. It's like any sport, the larger the talent pool the better the athletes as a group. Not saying that all 6A athletes are better than 1-5A or that there are no 1-5A as good as some 6A, he's just saying as a whole collective that 6A have more kids that are of a top flight caliber than 1-5A. That's factual, not opinion and not me taking sides. You can't argue this point, period.

And before you go dogging Oxford, maybe you should check your own house and make sure your 1-4A parents aren't out making an a$$ of themselves. Sending pictures from a County Tourny to the adminstration trying to make a team look bad is poor indeed. I mean really, if a kid wants to wear a pair of "sissy" shoes which are a limited edition make than that's his right. Why should a group of individuals feel they need to send this to the school administration? This along with the other pics were truly taken out of context and I'm sure that was the point of the effort. Not sure who you support, but this was very "tasteless" to say the least. This is also factual, not opinion and not me taking Shane's side as an individual (although I would because I know him as a person), I'm taking Oxford's side as a whole which includes Shane.

So if you are sticking with your guns and saying one bad apple does spoil the barrel, how about all the bad apples at the County Tourney, what does that spoil????? And this isn't the first time this has happened. This is also factual and not an opinion and you can't argue this either.

And one wonders why Shane gets so offended at these schools and people like you. Follow along before you start shooting your mouth off to ensure your intel is the most up to date and maybe then you would get the whole "big" picture. This is an observation which is based on facts, not opinions.
Uh DA Acapulco..I was sitting 2 feet from the 5A brackets..Was that a short joke?? Is that your attempt at humor? You must have me mixed up with Jason Lasuer..I'll really scared now...You and your big bad sons...wooooooooo..By your end, I assume you mean the 4A end where I walked the length of the arena to watch about 5 Wellborn matches.Where were your sons?? I didnt notice Chuck Lidell or Brock Lesnar on that end. Did you mistype Special ops when you should have typed special ed?? So thanks for confirming what I knew. You're not man enough to fight your own battles. So if I have enemies..who are you and they? But lets just look at the facts, shall we?? 138 Mason Ellis MIGHT place, 152 Dalton Carroll would place, 182..Clay Dent..good shot at winning( although I don't think he does if he wrestled a match like he did in the 4A finals) 220..Campbell wins it. 14 weights and you have 4 state champs that could place(not win) in 6A. Rebuttal??
Oh and BTW..you're previous post stated that you and most of Alabama were wishing and waiting for Jordan to get his "butt whooped." That has nothing to do with whether I give someone you think deserves recognition the recognition. L
And get it right sport..The difference between Jordan and them is JORDAN HAS PUT THE WORK IN TO BE WHERE HE IS AT. Just because you do something for a # of years doesnt mean you worked like you should. And that my dumba$$ friend is the krux of my argument. You all want the accolades and the respect and the recognition but in the off season you would rather be at the pool or goofing off with friends while some kids sacrifice blood and sweat and the fun time to get better. Jordan is good not because he started early. He is good because HE WORKED HIS A$$ OFF over the years. You want respect..GO EARN AND STOP BEGGING FOR IT ON THIS FORUM..
Funny how you all want something but are waiting for someone else to do it. Littledog?? Come on people..please show a little effort..Backlash from ScrubA wrestling..too funny!! I don't care,want,need you to respect my son or me for that matter. 4A kids don't deserve crap from me..Respect is earned..not given.. Wasnt only a picture of the shoes that a 3A Weaver parent sent..they also including one of Coach looking at the scorebook which my daughter keeps and cropping out the scorebook to make it look like he was looking down her shirt. So all "you small town, Deliverance hicks" stick together. Like they say.."Its hard to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man." But keep trying..