Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changes to forums
Just for the record, people... the admin NEVER warned "this prattville" gal - as get it told wrastle stated ...he sits on the throne of lies! - I CHOSE to quit posting in that thread out of respect for the administrator, I did not want it to have to resort to her warning ALL of us - which really is a joke in it's entirety... bigdog can threaten to slap people and threaten to beat their a$$ the next time they see a particular "prattville dad" and no one is offended by that, no one seems offended by the posts directed towards "prattville dad" and others who take a different stance - when the tables are turned, get it told wrastle wants to "take it on the mat", lol - so funny this forum is - I just feel sorry for the select few who have not a clue as to what is actally going on and truly want to move wrestling in Alabama

Respectfully, administrator, thank you for allowing me to be able to voice my opinions

Minor, Calera, Thompson and Prattville Mom
(02-26-2012, 08:44 PM)Get it told Wrastle Wrote: My Suggestions to solve the issue:
1. Use the private message feature to recruit 4 of 5 "members" to help you monitor the site if you feel this would help from a time management standpoint. Not for the purpose of censoring the political stuff or most any of it but for eliminating the unabashed, meritless personal attacks on people or clubs,etc at large. These "members" can alert you when things have "crossed the line" from anything remotely wrestling related and turn solely to nothing more than unadulterated character assassinations, sexual misconduct or blatantly breach any other of the guidelines you set up for the site. You can be alerted by other eyes watching and make the call based on your final opinion of judgement.

I think this is a good idea but it would be important to get members from different "factions". I guess that means finding out who they are in real life which could also be a good thing
I think you just have to decide whether you want some form of censorship or reduce the anonimity. I don't think moving the post would have helped. These same things were posted on the other site but erased. I don't think most on here a problem with removing a post. But at least review it. If you find it violates the terms of use..as this one did on a lot of levels with the language and off color comments..delete it. But as long as you have complete anonimity, I don't see posts like this going away. But remember we are all entertained differently. Five or Six times as many people vote for American Idle as do for the President so it's not just an Alabama Wrestling Forum thing. While some on here are very straight laced and find the thread disgusting and Jerry Springerish..some, myself included, don't take it so literal or personal. I would rather pull my finger nails off than read some of the overly analytical,rule book quoting, and boring posts. So as an adult, I skip those since I have that option.
(02-26-2012, 09:24 PM)quitter Wrote:
(02-26-2012, 08:44 PM)Get it told Wrastle Wrote: My Suggestions to solve the issue:
1. Use the private message feature to recruit 4 of 5 "members" to help you monitor the site if you feel this would help from a time management standpoint. Not for the purpose of censoring the political stuff or most any of it but for eliminating the unabashed, meritless personal attacks on people or clubs,etc at large. These "members" can alert you when things have "crossed the line" from anything remotely wrestling related and turn solely to nothing more than unadulterated character assassinations, sexual misconduct or blatantly breach any other of the guidelines you set up for the site. You can be alerted by other eyes watching and make the call based on your final opinion of judgement.

I think this is a good idea but it would be important to get members from different "factions". I guess that means finding out who they are in real life which could also be a good thing

I really was talking about things outside of the political (of any kind or any side.) I am thinking there are enough eyes to view this forum to bring things (of the sordid or out of wrestling in any related way)to the Administrators attention. I only suggested this in the event his was time constrained. I have no idea what his schedule is like. He would be "alerted" but, he, and he alone would make the call. Throughout the course of this site, he has proven more than unbiased when it comes to what he will allow. No one, that I know of has ever complained about that. Thanks for making this point just in case I had not made that clear.
If anything, just make a section that is members only.

Only people who are logged in can go to that part of the site.

Those that dont feel like reading it, dont go there.

I really dont need another adult using their moral judgement or beliefs applied to my life or how I choose to entertain myself. At the end of my days, I'll account for myself, thank you very much.

For those worried bout how this represents AL wrestling, sports forums everywhere have trash talking.

This place is like Cheers (remember that show?) Well there's room here for number crunchers, opinions-aters, analyticals, a$$holes, cheersquad mommies, mat master daddies, etc.

If we all agreed and got along, we'd still be at al.com.

I like here just the way it is.

I will tell anyone my name that actually has a legitimate want of it. Most everybody knows who I am. I might say a disagreeable thing or two and get someone mad but I stand by my words.

I wont be anonymous in my attacking.

I'd hate to think we have a secret police/gestapo on here.

Also, I must have missed out on Prattville mom scenario. Im missing out on all the drama evidently.

I don't get into the stuff that creates those long threads, and none of it bothers me. Like it has been said, "you don't have to read it".

But I do wish other cities would be used.Big Grin

Try another one besides Prattville. When the "Prattville Dad" first came out we were all scratching our heads trying to figure out who it was until he was exposed.
Thank you for your feedback and suggestions. I'm getting a pretty good sense about how the community feels. I think just having this conversation seems to have been effective in restoring some civility.

Just to be clear to those who are proclaiming their unfettered right to free speech and demand no moderation at all, this site is not run by the U.S. Government. There is no absolute Freedom of Speech guaranteed by the Constitution that applies to this forum. No matter how much some may want this site to behave like a reality show with no rules at all, this is not Wrestlers Gone Wild. Please have spirited, yet civil discussions about wrestling. I can guarantee that the freedom to speak freely that you have enjoyed here will continue. However, please try to avoid postings such as declaring what weapons you own, where people can meet/confront you in person, sexual innuendos, legal threats, etc. I know passions run high in this sport and I don't want to discourage that, but if I think you have crossed the line, I will very politely and privately ask you to tone it down. If you receive a warning from admin, don't get upset, it's not the end of the world. It just means I have probably received complaints from other users. There is a REPORT button on each post and you can feel free to use it but do not abuse it. I do not have a knee-jerk reaction to every complaint as most are not worthy of any action, but when I feel it is warranted, I will probably shoot you a private message about it. By the way, I am not a referee. Please don't ask me to get involved in any disagreements.

For now, I will leave things as they are, but I reserve the right to close a thread temporarily or permanently if it gets out of hand. I may edit out bad language. I may move a thread to another forum if I think it is no longer relevant to the forum. I hope you find these to be reasonable solutions.

Thank you for your time and consideration and please continue to enjoy .org.