Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alabama Wrestling History
I have made some minor changes at

http://www.alabamawrestlinghistory.com

I am playing with the display of the search results. Right now I am alternating line colors on every line. I feel like I need some way to segregate weight classes. I think that would make it easier to read. The result are now displayed in pages of 50. Big result sets should return quicker.

I have added a graduation date so that I can calculate grades for the wrestlers. This means that when I have wrestlers of the same name, I need to make sure I have them in the database twice with the correct graduation data (for example: I have a Jake Perry - right now it looks like he wrestled for Mt. Brook in 2011 as a junior, but I have a Jake Perry wrestling for Hartselle in 1993 - right now they are one entry in the data base when clearly they are two different people). Any help on when guys actually graduated would be a big help. I am working my way back through time trying to fill in this data. If I don't have the data, I will just leave it blank.

I hope to add team scores soon and will add a search page for teams simular to the one for wrestlers when I start to get that data in.

Please continue to send suggestions and corrections to:

corrections@alabamawrestlinghistory.com

Thanks, Brian
[-] The following 2 users Like BrianHoyt's post:
  • R3n3gad3 3x3, redstepchild
Great work! I would love to see the individual and team records on that site as well.
STUD!!! Great stuff!!!
Can someone get the ADMIN to STICKY that post..

WOW! That site is AWESOME!!!
The link doesn't work fyi.

(04-27-2012, 10:38 AM)BrianHoyt Wrote: I have made some minor changes at

http://www.alabamawrestlinghistory.com

I am playing with the display of the search results. Right now I am alternating line colors on every line. I feel like I need some way to segregate weight classes. I think that would make it easier to read. The result are now displayed in pages of 50. Big result sets should return quicker.

I have added a graduation date so that I can calculate grades for the wrestlers. This means that when I have wrestlers of the same name, I need to make sure I have them in the database twice with the correct graduation data (for example: I have a Jake Perry - right now it looks like he wrestled for Mt. Brook in 2011 as a junior, but I have a Jake Perry wrestling for Hartselle in 1993 - right now they are one entry in the data base when clearly they are two different people). Any help on when guys actually graduated would be a big help. I am working my way back through time trying to fill in this data. If I don't have the data, I will just leave it blank.

I hope to add team scores soon and will add a search page for teams simular to the one for wrestlers when I start to get that data in.

Please continue to send suggestions and corrections to:

corrections@alabamawrestlinghistory.com

Thanks, Brian
Oh no.... They got to pay.the bill. Do we need to put some donations together??
ha ha. no. I am paid up. Unfortunately my domain host, who pays the registrar had a the credit card stolen that godaddy has on file. Thanks for the message, I did not realize it was down. It should be taken care of tonight.

Talk about bad timing!
^^ slacker......
He's busy guarding those medals Yellow Hammer kids used to come up there and steal!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes bigdogw's post:
  • JordanSimpson133
(02-18-2013, 06:45 PM)bigdogw Wrote: He's busy guarding those medals Yellow Hammer kids used to come up there and steal!!

OH NO YOU DI'NT!!