Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Alabama Wrestling History
Can you please fix John David Peden grade level? Peden is in 11th grade. The website has him in 10th last I checked recently.
The site is back online! I have alot of work to do to get last weekends results posted. I will work on that around practice and tournaments over the next couple of weeks.
(02-21-2013, 04:20 PM)BrianHoyt Wrote: The site is back online! I have alot of work to do to get last weekends results posted. I will work on that around practice and tournaments over the next couple of weeks.

I can take a hint. Smile Results for 1A-4A from last weekend are posted on http://www.alabamawrestlinghistory.net .
Will work on 5A next. Then 6A if you haven't gotten back to it yet.
Glad to see it back online! I was worried that someone from Buckhorn had bought your domain name :-)
Haha! Not according to Hoyt. Smile

Results for 5A and 6A from last weekend are now posted on the history site.
Thank you BG for the work done updating the database. The bug you found makes me wonder how we got 5th place finishers in last year!
No prob. I was wondering the same thing on the 5th place glitch with the 2013 upload. (?) Over my head, I guess. Saw you had it fixed. Good enough for me.

I did notice that when I was adding new wrestlers to the database, I had to set their 'Grade' to 1 year earlier, or the math was off. (Ex: Add Wrestler "John Doe", Grade "9" if he is a sophomore this year)
Huh

Oh yeah, and I missed on 'Mario Haynes' (how it was entered in trackwrestling for 2012). Now have that and 'Demario Haynes' (how it was entered in trackwrestling for 2013). Could be a problem when filtering specifically. Also, need to check with you on common names like "Matt Smith" (entered one as "Matthew Smith" for this year to keep from over-writing the existing one).
(02-25-2013, 12:46 PM)BamaGrappler Wrote: I did notice that when I was adding new wrestlers to the database, I had to set their 'Grade' to 1 year earlier, or the math was off. (Ex: Add Wrestler "John Doe", Grade "9" if he is a sophomore this year)
Huh
I know exactly why that is happening. I will fix it tonight. I won't be an issue next year!
(02-25-2013, 12:46 PM)BamaGrappler Wrote: Oh yeah, and I missed on 'Mario Haynes' (how it was entered in trackwrestling for 2012). Now have that and 'Demario Haynes' (how it was entered in trackwrestling for 2013). Could be a problem when filtering specifically.

Interesting thing on (De)Mario, NWCA has
2010 - DEMARIO
2011 - DEMARIO
2012 - MARIO
2013 - DEMARIO

all with the same ID!

(02-25-2013, 12:46 PM)BamaGrappler Wrote: Also, need to check with you on common names like "Matt Smith" (entered one as "Matthew Smith" for this year to keep from over-writing the existing one).

Yeah, those get tough, usually I will assume that he is the same person if he has an less common name even if he is at another school. The filtering is done by last names only, so unless someone complains that they never go by Matthew and that there was another kid on their team with the same name, I am not going to sweat it too much.
Thanks go out to Mark Scofield, Redstepchild, Jack Lamey Sr., Gary Averett, Brian Smith, and Will Davis for the recent (meaning the last six months) data additions. I finally got caught up.

As always, anyone with information that they are willing to share will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you all,

Brian Hoyt

http://www.alabamawrestlinghistory.com
The team scores for 6A has at least one error in 2013. Prattville placed 8th with 85 points.