Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Predictions for 6a
1st Oxford 2nd Arab 3 Pinson Valley
Arab
Oxford
Southside

Southside may be the sleeper here. I can see them possibly with 3 state champs, Arab and Oxford with 2 in my opinion. It will be decided in the consoles for sure.
(10-16-2014, 02:31 PM)wildcat85 Wrote: Arab
Oxford
Southside

Southside may be the sleeper here. I can see them possibly with 3 state champs, Arab and Oxford with 2 in my opinion. It will be decided in the consoles for sure.

I think you are more than likely right. I think that Oxford could get the edge because we are in the south. And should have a ton of 1 and 2 seeds and Arab will
fight with PV, SS, SB and Gardendale
What's everyone's thought on which kids will win it these year . I know that there are alot of returning state champions from last year. Between 5a an 6a looks to have alot of seniors that are returning champs from about 145 up .
I went back an looked for 6a
Arab has 6 state placers
Southside has 5 state placers
Oxford has 5 state placers
Pinson VAlley has 3 state placers

There are only 4 wieght classes 132,152,160,195 that does not have a returning state champion and just about all of them are seniors .
Arab and Oxford definitely will be in the running.
Arab has 3 State champs and 7 overall State placers returning (including the champs). They will be getting a injured starting wrestler and qualifier back this year. Which will make them have 14 returning starters. Some of last years starters may not make the line up this year. It is going to interesting to see how they shake out. The new 6a lineup is going to be tough, there are a lot of good wrestlers there.
Arab wrestlers to watch, Schmidt, Cater,B J Hayes, Will Spencer
, Cortez, Jacob Spencer. All of these could be on the podium
at state. I could see Arab dominating 6A state.
(10-22-2014, 08:46 AM)birddog Wrote: Arab wrestlers to watch, Schmidt, Cater,B J Hayes, Will Spencer
, Cortez, Jacob Spencer. All of these could be on the podium
at state. I could see Arab dominating 6A state.

If you only have 6 on the podium then they all better win gold to dominate at state.
[-] The following 1 user Likes OHSwrestling's post:
  • wildcat85
I dont know about what you think Ken but oxford should have 5 kids in the championship match and probably another 4 kids place .
Mason Blakely,Matt King ,Speed Pitss, Jacob Shack, and Hunter should all be in the finals. and if Q wrestles like he did these summer he might be in the mix to . Mason put alot of time in these summer training im glad his parents sent him over to Twc with matt these summer hope all his hard work pays off for him and the team.
(10-22-2014, 11:13 PM)sking5 Wrote: I dont know about what you think Ken but oxford should have 5 kids in the championship match and probably another 4 kids place .
Mason Blakely,Matt King ,Speed Pitss, Jacob Shack, and Hunter should all be in the finals. and if Q wrestles like he did these summer he might be in the mix to . Mason put alot of time in these summer training im glad his parents sent him over to Twc with matt these summer hope all his hard work pays off for him and the team.

I can see that and out of all of them Q is the wildcard. I think he could beat BJ if he had not gotten hurt at the super 32 qualifier. One tuff kid, he broke his eye socket and tried to continue. So he is just now starting back. I still think the key is we should have many of our kid as top seeds coming out of the south. That will allow for easier matches in the first couple of rounds. We just have to perform at the right time.