Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Technique of the week
Any chance of getting a separate category for posts like the "technique of the week", etc.? And if the site is to be more "moderated" than previously, can tournament announcements be moved so that they are actually in the tournaments category? Just trying to keep thread flows within categories moving more smoothly rather than cluttered by such stuff. Lastly, is the AWO category going to be opened up for adding threads from the board?
Thanks.
Gary Litzinger
[-] The following 1 user Likes focus2win's post:
  • kdbama4
(11-06-2014, 10:36 PM)focus2win Wrote: Any chance of getting a separate category for posts like the "technique of the week", etc.? And if the site is to be more "moderated" than previously, can tournament announcements be moved so that they are actually in the tournaments category? Just trying to keep thread flows within categories moving more smoothly rather than cluttered by such stuff. Lastly, is the AWO category going to be opened up for adding threads from the board?
Thanks.

I agree the wrestling spam is annoying, especially the ones that post the same thing to many different categories. I wish there was a way to automatically move them. I am reluctant to delete them because someone out there might find that information useful and it does pertain to wrestling I suppose. If everyone feels that we should get rid of that stuff, we could probably do that. I will probably start moving tournament announcement threads to the right place as you suggested.

It is not really my desire to moderate the forum more than it has been in the past. It can be quite time consuming. Unfortunately that became unavoidable recently because some people had trouble accepting the existence of the new organization and were using the forum as their own propaganda machine to discredit the AWO including creating phony conversations with phony user ids pretending to be "concerned parents" to try and stir up controversy and sympathy. These tactics are not new to me. I know exactly who was doing it, why they were doing it, and what the strategy was. Things have seem to have calmed down now and they have gone their separate way or to paraphrase a few of their recent posts, "they took their ball and went home because they didn't like who was in charge".

We want to be the positive voice of wrestling in this state and if you can't play nice with others, you can find another sandbox to play in. I always believe that you can't succeed in the long run by trying to tear others down, you should instead build yourself up. That is what we are trying to do and I think people see the negativity for what it is. We truly wish USAW well, but we are going to concentrate on what we are doing and not concern ourselves with the contrived nonsense and the noise.

I am concerned that if I open up the AWO forum that it will become something that we will have to spend a lot of time monitoring and moderating. Is there a reason why you think it would be important to open it up and it could not be accomplished through the other categories? I'll keep an open mind on this.
(11-27-2014, 11:28 AM)admin Wrote: I am concerned that if I open up the AWO forum that it will become something that we will have to spend a lot of time monitoring and moderating. Is there a reason why you think it would be important to open it up and it could not be accomplished through the other categories? I'll keep an open mind on this.

Initially I had some questions about the AWO... I was unaware that particular forum was for notification announcements only (no replies allowed). Since you had a forum specifically labeled AWO, I thought that would be where AWO discussion would take place. I have no issue with how it is set up other than the logic you offer for why it's not open... if I were going to troll, why would it be any harder to monitor the AWO forum than it is to monitor the other multiple forums on this site? If it were me, I wouldn't list AWO as an equal forum with all the rest if in fact AWO owns and controls the content of all the other forums here. Of course, I am just a guest and not the tech guy who actually has to make it all work!
Gary Litzinger
Only allowing AWO access to the AWO section makes sure that important announcements do not get buried under posts such as Technique of the Week and the announcements we want at the top stay at the top. If anyone wants to comment on the announcements, I'm sure that a conversation could easily be opened in another section.